Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tonight is the night

As you read this I am at the opening of my exhibition at Comeback kid. Isn't it amazing how I can post here and be there all at once? Nah, it's just some computer trickery. So it's actually Wednesday night as I write this, and I have just rushed out to purchase the new Russh magazine (haha, get it, rushed, haha). Issue number 30, or the September issue of this beloved magazine is a true stand out on the racks. The beautiful Ali Stephens lands the cover, an interview and a 14 page spread where she rocks some amazing white bodysuits, nana nickers and some architectual Dion Lee jackets. The fashion editorials styled by Russh's own fashion editor Stevie Dance are always truly inspired, but in this issue it exceeds all my expectations. The cover says it all "one hundred per cent".



My favourite shoot in the magazine is "Creep" Apocalyptic Androgyny which stars Andre J, a model I have photographed myself (are you seeing a trend here? In my last post I mentioned how I photographed Jethro, then bam he is everywhere, maybe I am good at picking the next big thing in male models?) Andre brings the right intensity to the eerily lit shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment